Personal Excess Liability Insurance Available Through PEC Membership
The Pennsylvania Equine Council is excited to be offering Personal Excess Liability Insurance as an option to your membership. This insurance option is being offered because of the volume of interest expressed by you, the membership. In order to qualify to purchase the Excess Liability Insurance, you must be a current member of the PEC.
Sign up for a new membership or renew your current membership and purchase the insurance at the same time
- Policy term: Beginning January 1, (or the date thereafter your application is received and processed) to December 31
- Coverage: Personal Excess Liability
- Carrier: Certain underwriters at Lloyd’s
- A.M. Best Rating A
- Each Occurrence – $1,000,000 (Limit)
- Aggregate Limit – $1,000,000 (Limit)
The Master Policy is to cover your Excess Personal Liabiity in respect of all sums which you may become legally liable to pay as compensation for accidental bodily injury to any person or accidental damage to property or personal injury to any person arising out of the use and/or ownership of a horse or horse-drawn vehicle.
The use and/or ownership of a horse or horse-drawn vehicle are understood to include:
- Riding a horse on the public highway or elsewhere
- Leading a horse along the public highway or elsewhere
- Driving a horse-drawn vehicle
- Grazing or stabling a horse or circumstances where the horse is not in your control
In the event of your giving permission for any person to use your horse or horse-drawn vehicle, such person will also be indemnified. If you have purchased a family membership, “insured” shall also mean your resident spouse and resident children less than 18 years of age. No coverage is provided for liability arising out of your business or profession or the use of a horse-drawn vehicle for hire or the practice or preparation for or participation in racing under the rules of any legally constituted racing authority.
Excess Liability Policy through Equisure FAQ
PEC Plus Memberships
The PEC has two levels of membership available which include insurance: Individual Plus and Family Plus. Individual Plus includes your PEC membership, plus the personal excess liability insurance for the member. The Family Plus membership includes your normal PEC membership, plus the personal excess liability insurance for the member, member’s spouse, and any permanent residents of your household under the age of 18.
If you decide to purchase the insurance, the PEC must receive the following:
- A payment made online at the PEC website or your application for PEC membership
- Your personal check for payment of either the Individual Membership Plus or the Family Membership Plus, made out to “PEC (Pennsylvania Equine Council)”
- $21.00* for Individual Personal Excess Liability Insurance, or
- $40.00* for Family Personal Excess Liability Insurance.
Please include a note with the name and address in which you have your membership for confirmation.
*Both plans include a $2.00 processing and handling fee.
Your insurance coverage will begin the day your application and check are received and processed by the PEC Membership Chair. All policies expire December 31. Please note that due to various mail delivery timeframes, inclement weather and other unforeseen circumstances, processing could take 2-3 weeks. Your coverage is not in place until your application has been processed. You will receive a PEC membership card in the mail, as well as confirmation of coverage from Equisure. If you do not receive either of these items within 3-4 weeks, please call the PEC at 888-304-0281.
Disclaimer: This service is provided by Equisure, Inc., in cooperation with the Pennsylvania Equine Council. This program is not a source of revenue for the Pennsylvania Equine Council. Association Resource Group Purchasing Group (the Master Policy holder) has arranged coverage with Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s, London using Equisure, Inc. as the agent.